Every year millions of people benefit from closed-captioning, including the hearing impaired, the elderly and those who are learning English as a second language. For specific programming inquiries, please contact our sales department at .
The majority of video content on the First Light Platform have titles available in closed captions. We do not caption foreign language titles and some archival titles may not have captions due to their audio quality and age. In addition, titles with no audio, no spoken words, or only music audio will not have captions available. We will always suggest a substitute if a title is not available. Where users may have problems accessing video content, please contact us to discuss the most appropriate solution.
Closed Captioning Quality Rules / Certification: All programming distributed by First Light Video Publishing complies with the closed captioning requirements established by the Federal Communications Commission as embodied in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1, including regulations concerning closed captioning quality. Programming provided by First Light Video Publishing complies with these regulations by either: (i) satisfying the caption quality standards set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(j)(2); (ii) adopting and following the “Video Programmer Best Practices” set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(k)(1); or (iii) being subject to one or more of the captioning exemptions set forth in 47 C.F.R. § 79.1(d), including programming for which the audio is in a language other than English or Spanish and that is not scripted programming that can be captioned using the “electronic news room” technique; interstitial material, promotional announcements, and public service announcements that are 10 minutes or less in duration; and/or programming that consists primarily of non-vocal music.
Digital Streaming Rights
The majority of our programming is available for both hard copy and digital delivery making it easier than ever to incorporate and use in lesson plans, student review and tutorials.
Digital rights are available under separate purchase agreement. An educational rights license and the cost of each digital program depend on term, class size, number of locations and whether duplication rights are required. These pricing options can provide you with great flexibility and cost savings over multiple hard copy purchases and allow you to build your digital media library to meet your specific needs.
For licensing inquiries and pricing, please contact us by email at .
To purchase digital rights, the purchaser must:
- Own or purchase a copy of the program(s)
- Submit an application to purchase digital rights license
- After verifying the information, First Light will issue a license specifying the digital rights purchased, the term of the agreement, the cost of the license and any additional options purchased by the licensee.
Renewable license fee schedule: Digital rights are granted for a limited time. Before a license expires, the licensee will be contacted by TMW Media and can either renew the license or agree to remove the digital file(s) from all servers and to destroy all loaner copies.
If you are interested in becoming a distributor for First Light Video Publishing, including wholesale terms and pricing, please contact us by email at . A representative will get back to you shortly.
International Terms of Purchase
- Initial orders over $500 are offered a 35% distributor discount from our published retail prices.
- Initial orders from $200 to $499 are offered a 20% dealer discount from our published retail prices.
- The minimum opening order for any discount is $200.
- Once the account is established the reorder amount is $100 to receive the established discount.
- We accept major credit cards, bank wire transfers or checks drawn on a US Bank.
- All shipments are made at buyer's expense - courier account number (Fedex, UPS) to be provided by buyer or we ship to buyer's freight forwarder in the USA. Freight costs will be added to invoice. If we ship by US Mail, shipments are not guaranteed and risk of loss passes to buyer.
- Please contact us for Bulk shipments and special orders
- Catalogs and support material in pdf format are available free of charge from our web sites.
- If hard copies are required please contact us for cost and availability.
- Occasionally a customer will report a defective DVD program. Please contact us and we will ship a replacement out to you.
Sample programs for sales purposes are available by special request. Please provide the following details by email at .
- License Fee
- Runs / Unlimited
- Material Fee (sub-masters) Please clarify master format (BetaSP, DVD-R)
- M&E tracks
TMW Media offers Marc Records for the majority of our programming. For all inquiries, please contact us by email at .
Prices shown are for single site usage only. Programs for multi-site usage for school districts, regional and media centers, please contact us by email at .
Order by Purchase Order
School and Institutional purchase orders submitted by authorized personnel will be accepted upon credit approval through our Web site.
Please fill in your order information using our online order form and submit your order to our sales department using the contact information below.
To print a blank order form, click here.
- Order with a credit card - we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Phone, Email, Fax or Mail an institutional purchase order. We ship Net 30 terms with an institutional or company purchase order.
- Send payment by check with an order form to First Light Video Publishing, 2321 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291.
- Click here to download order form.
Distributor, Dealer & Institutional purchase orders: We ship Net 30 terms with an institutional or company purchase order.
Order with a credit card: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Payment by check: Mail to First Light Video Publishing, 2321 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
We’ve designed an online source for teachers and educators to view our programming. If you are an educator, a bona fide reseller and wish to view programming, please register as a user and submit a request to preview at .
Public Performance Rights & Classroom Use of Media
All programs are sold with limited, non - revenue producing public performance rights to show these programs to any group in a school, public library, prison or military base without further written permission from First Light Video Publishing. These programs may be played in a DVD player in the same room as the audience or over a closed circuit television system within a single building for viewing by an audience in the same building. These programs may neither be broadcast, duplicated or reproduced for any purpose (including making a copy to a hard drive for use on a server) nor digitally or electronically delivered on any network unless written permission is obtained and additional fees are quoted by First Light Video Publishing. No direct or indirect fees may be charged for showing these programs in a single room or building setting.
- Programs can be licensed for non-theatrical public performance and home use.
- All institutions (including Canada) can order product directly by submitting a purchase order by mail, fax or email.
- Orders are shipped net 30 if not pre-paid.
- Specific pricing is available by title and can be provided as requested.
- The PPR classroom rights include the right to show in one classroom at a time to students but not to copy or display on anything other than a single video monitor.
- If you require streaming media rights or digital broadcast rights additionally, please let us know.
- We can take a faxed purchase order or a credit card payment.
- For all inquiries and pricing contact us at .
Digital rights are available for the majority of programs. If you would like to license additional rights, including digital rights, please contact us at .
If you have purchased programming from our company via a distributor, catalogue or re-seller, please contact us at regarding digital rights pricing.
First Light Video Publishing has a specific return policy for all dealers, distributors and retailers. Please click here to view our return policy.
Consumer Order Returns
You may return unopened programs within 30 days for a full refund. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may exchange or request a refund. Refunds on opened programs will be less 25% restocking charge. Any defective program will be replaced by us immediately. Simply send the program back to us with an explanation of the defect.
Please ensure to include a copy of the Customer Exchange/Return Form with your return detailing your order number, name, return address, email address or daytime telephone number. Click here to download the Customer Exchange/Return Form.
Please send returns to:
First Light Video Publishing
Attn: Returns Department, Top Floor
2321 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
Please note: The Customer is responsible for the shipping charges if an order is returned for any other reason than defective merchandise.
Shipping & Handling
All orders are shipped the following business day from date of receipt. Standard shipping & handling charges apply to each order.
All shipping and handling charges are automatically calculated for orders placed on the web site and can be viewed on the final Order Summary screen.
From time to time, products may be on backordered status. We will make every effort to ship orders complete, however products may not all ship the same day, but will ship immediately upon availability status.
Standard Ground Delivery: All orders ship via first class mail. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Express Delivery: Orders ship via UPS/Fedex. Delivery is within 5 business days.
Next Day Air: Orders ship via UPS/Fedex.
Please inquire for shipping rates to Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico and international destinations at .
In order to guarantee delivery for International orders we recommend using a courier service such as FedEx or UPS to ship your order. This will allow us to track your shipment and ensure its delivery.
You may either provide your personal shipping carrier and account number for shipment (handling charge of $3 applies) or your order will be shipped via the most economical courier.
Orders can be shipped via First Class postal mail, however delivery by mail is not guaranteed due to the different postal systems used in many countries.
Please let us know how you would like us to ship your order by emailing our order department at .
Submitting a New Title
If you have programming that you think can be of benefit to academic users, consider having First Light Video Publishing distribute for you. Please contact Michael Bennett, President, at .